Friday, December 9, 2011

Gung Ho For Fung Shui


What gives with this
 Fung Shui anyway?

Fung Shui
Is understanding
The flow of Chi
The hidden life breath
That permeates
The environment

When energies are
In disarray
Misfortunes
Rule the day

All of the energies in
Your personal space are
In a constant state of flux
Yin and Yang energies
Dance together
Constantly
Striving for the balance
That brings harmony

Yin is coolness
And
Darkness
And
Lifelessness

Yang is hot
And
Bright
And
Full of life

Confucius says:
Keep Yin and Yang
In harmony
Within your home and
You will enjoy
Good luck

Some days
My Fung Shui
Is so out of whack
That it is all
That I can do
Just to get out
Of my own way

And then
There are days
When my Yin
Is barely on
Speaking terms
With my Yang

When this happens
I feel helpless
I feel blocked
And
Unable to navigate

Sometimes
I get stuck in time
Frozen in space
Stuck to the same place
For what seems like
Hours at a time
Unable to move
Forward
Or
Back
Or
Sideways
Or
Diagonal

Sometimes
I feel like a pawn
Stuck on a chessboard
Unable to make a move
Until a force
Greater than myself
Can lift me up
And carry me
Across
The barriers of
Time
And
Space
And
Gravity
And
Electro Magnetism

You might say that
I am having a really bad
Hair day
And you would be correct

What gives with this Fung Shui
Anyway?

jhmarkowitz
Philadelphia, Pa. 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment