Tuesday, August 24, 2010

EN LA BOCA DEL LOBO

EN LA BOCA DEL LOBO
by
Jack Henry Markowitz (c) 2010

(Homage to Garcia Lorca
Translated from the original Spanish)

Ever since the day that you left me
I have lived in the mouth of the wolf
Lost in the forest of midnight darkness
My heart in shreds

Like the lone wolf in the forest
I cry to the moon
In a show of my grief
For all the other forest creatures to see

Some take pity and join in the mournful singing
While others take my measure and continue stalking
What they see as easy prey
Easy prey

And if the morrow should reveal
My blood soaked carcass
My spilled blood crimson
In the winter snow

Can you yet show me
Some gesture of kindness
And bury my pitiful remains
And cover my naked and broken bones?

For this last gift
I would be forever grateful
Though I cannot promise
To rest in peace

For my soul remains a prisoner
Jailed in the mouth of the wolf
En la boca del lobo
Una alma sin pais

No comments:

Post a Comment